Bringing old dog, expensive claims to settlement can have a positive effect both on an employers workers' compensation program, as well as the life of the injured worker. In this session, you will learn the trade secrets to settling the most difficult and challenging workers' compensation claims.
This session will cover:
- Identifying and breaking down the biggest barriers to settlement
- The first step in approaching a "lost cause" case
- Coordinating risk manager, adjuster, plaintiff/defense attorney, and vendors
- The most powerful asset to bring a case to successful conclusion
- 3 case study examples: the challenges, the negotiation, and the resolution