The existence of a workers' compensation claim relies on the determination of an injury being legitimately work related or not. While many details of causation can be both medically and legally complex, employers and claims handlers need to understand key concepts in order to make informed and fair decisions.
This training session will cover:
- Action steps when an employee has a condition that may or may not be work related
- If / Then case examples of what to do in specific scenarios
- Red flags to look for as evidence of workers' comp fraud
- When to leverage medical expertise to make a defensible determination
- Using evidence-based medicine to complete a causation analysis